Tuesday, July 08, 2008

27 days till strongman contest

Ah what a great day of training. I was lucky today to have my workout partner there will me. It was fun to motivate another and be motivated and have a spotter that knows what they are doing.
Going into this workout my left calf felt tight and my body was a bit tiered. Over training was not an option at this time. It seems my strength and endurance for this style of training has improved since last year. Good times my friends.

I warm-up about 10 min on the elliptical. Boring but it does the trick. Yaked to my partner till we were done with that.

Then I set myself up for box squats. Placed the bench so that I could straddle it and clear the rack all at once.
Weight * Reps * Sets
o-bar * 12 * 1
95pd * 12 * 1
115pd * 12 * 1
135pd * 12 * 1
185pd * 12 * 1
205pd * 12 * 1
225pd * 8 * 1
245pd * 6 * 1
265pd * 6 * 1
Had enough energy to have gone heavier. I had an "Aha" moment here with breath. After reading several different concepts on breath and how different activities require a different style of breathing in-order to be executed properly. When lifting heavier the breath is your belt. (Paul Chek speaks of this at length). There is a time in your lifting that the breath needs to be out and when the lungs need to be filled. The difference is significant, when you let yourself feel your body taking away the fear that anything "bad" will happen to you. When you lift next, check in with your body. Especially when you are doing something new or lifting heavier.

Chest Press (from floor)
Weight * Reps * Sets
o-bar * 12 * 1
115pd * 8 * 1
135pd * 5 * 1
145pd * 3 * 1
145pd * 5 * 1
145pd * 4 * 1
145pd * 2 * 1

Now came my time to just piss around the gym and just do whatever I felt like (there was a bit of focused, but the work was done)
Front press
Weight * Reps * Sets
o-bar * 12 * 1
65pd * 10 * 1
85pd * 5 * 1
105pd * failed
95pd * 2 * 1
95pd * 3 * 1
0-bar * 20 * 1

Single D-B standing press
Weight * reps * sets
40pd * 2/3 * 1
40pd * 4/4 * 2

Then wrapped up with some hamstring stretching, splits, back bends and hip openers and stretching the anterior part of my left ankle.

Took Post workout shake (from advocare). Came home and iced ate dinner and chilled for the evening..... Kinda (did a bit of work)

Now it will be the bed time supplements (catalyst, nighttime recovery and some enzymes)

Try this program and tell me how it goes for you ;-)

To your vitality

No comments: