Sunday, September 07, 2008

Religion and Health


Believe or not religion plays a big role in how your fuel your body. Let’s look at a few.


Christianity: By default I was raise in the Christian community, called the American School District and the American government.

At the age 13, I was asked not to return to our local Church because I spoke up to the minister that announced that it was in the name of “God” that the English came to the United States and slaughtered the Native Indian.
Those subjected the English way of dietary needs onto the Native Indians. Wow, our reservations are just thriving with health young men and woman. Right? The increase of dental disease and alcoholism are just a few physical stresses that our wonderful Englishmen brought to this country all in the name of “God”.
Last I checked “God” wrote that killing is a sin of any kind and look at the pre-existing health conditions of the English at that time. Type 2 diabetes was on its way, just not discovered, yet. Black tea, refined white sugar and cream does a load of damage to not just your pearly white teeth and stirs up trouble in the gut which make it hard for proper digestion of nutience.

Catholic: If I wanted to go to a clitoral prison and become an alcoholic that would give me a great does of Vit-C and anti-oxidants. Great. Pass me the bottle of vitality. Any yet all the candles are quite peaceful to see. Definitely sets a meditative calming state. Good to relax the mind.

Hinduism: Wanting to limit my absorption of animal protein that have been injected antibiotics and steroids, this would be the religion for me. Chicken and fish are IN and pork and beef are OUT.

Buddhism: Now, if you are looking to live a long life and have tons of energy. As dietary vibrancy, this predominately vegan religion will encourage moderation, eating as close to the earth as possible and giving the animals the right of passage. Away from your jaws.

Islam: Ah the political religion of the 21st century.
The beautiful Islamic Religion. I am not Muslim, yet religion is like a candy box of exploration to me which mean since 2006 I have attempted Ramadan.
The concept of this fast is very pure and I would encourage each of us to attempt the concept of restraint. I am not one to want to instill boundaries on myself or follow the masses rules and regulations. And yet I took Ramadan on.
2006 fast:
Started off great for the first two week. Then the German concur came out of me. I was out to compete with a spiritual cleanse.”Ramadan is not going to beat me”. How silly was that. So after the third week I quite.
Learned how stubborn I am and how much I wanted to win over my own addictions around food and water.
2007 fast:
This wasn’t as traumatic because I cheated the whole way through it. Two weeks went great then a week of menses and then travel. That was one way to get out of it.
2008 fast:
This is pretty amazing. Ramadan started the day after my Birthday Aug 31 and I was off vacationing with friends and chose not to start till I returned back to Seattle. Not eating was going great and yet I was attached to drinking my water. I noticed that my mind had more clarity by keeping the water in and yet, there still was memory lose. This concerned me as a business owner and living a very physically active lifestyle. So a snack was implemented and meditation or down time of rest was scheduled in.
Then my boyfriend went out of town and being a person that craves partnership, felt very depressed do to my playmate leaving town. Hence the abundance of food consumption occurred for two nights. Still just drank water during the day and pigged out at night.

This fast is very fascinating in the core of the intention is to clear the mind of greed and desire and to teach restraight and discipline along with moderation.

Regardless of your believe. Look at the blood line of your faith and notice that it teaches moderation and healthy habits that will allow the spirit to grow.

Mc Donald’s = Dead food
Apple = live food
Taco Bell = Dead food
Steak = live food
Wendy’s = Dead food
Spinach = live food
Burger king = dead food
Carrot and tomato = live food
Soda = dead food
Water = live food
Refined white sugar = dead food
Raw honey = live food
Pasteurized milk = Dead very dead food
Raw milk = live food
Fortified Cereals and breads = Dead dead dead
Whole grain brown rice = jumping for life

If you have a belief that has restrictions on what to eat or drink and you are confused living in this North American Society of diversity.
Call me 206-465-4430

Let sit down and work out a plan that will keep your energized and healthy and keeping your beliefs in tack.
To your strength and vitality,

Ila
www.barleanbalance.com

No comments: